Ricky Martin just inaugurated one of his projects in Puerto Rico, the Tau Center. This is a place that serves children and youth who are dropouts, or removed from their households for any kind of abuse. The educational program offered in The Tau Center combines academics, arts, health, social justice and sports.
During the opening ceremony, Ricky danced bomba, one of the native rhythms we review in our book Puerto Rico is Music. The Tau Center is located in Loíza, a small town and municipality on the northeastern coast of Puerto Rico. Every year, Loíza celebrates a festival where people parade wearing around “vejigante” masks. These masks made of coconut, and painted in multiple colors.
More about bomba music and dances
In our Puerto Rico is Music guide, we review the following:
- List of festivals and carnivals dedicated to the bomba music
- Examples of artistic programs of these events
- List of instructors that can teach you bomba dancing
- Lists of tourist attractions related to the bomba topic
- List of performers that you can watch dancing or playing bomba music in Puerto Rico
- And many more (view sample pages).
Check this video of Ricky Martin dancing bomba
Watch Ricky Martin dancing bomba.
© 2014 – 2018, prismusic. All rights reserved.