His name is Chayanne and he is recognized worldwide as an icon of Spanish pop music with many successful world tours, over 50 million albums sold worldwide, and countless awards in the music industry.
As you can imagine, Chayanne is the favorite son of this town and they showed how proud they were by naming Road PR #203 Highway as “Expreso Chayanne”. Similarly, Chayanne named his son Lorenzo Valentino in honor of his hometown’s saint patron.
Even though Chayanne lives now in Miami, he still comes to San Lorenzo to visit his family, especially during the Christmas season.
If you want to visit the hometown of this artist (who is known to be very easy going and humble), you can do so during one of the town’s traditional fiestas. These are yearly events to celebrate the saint patron or local activities that are important to sanlorenceños.
Fiestas and Festivals in Chayanne’s Hometown
- Festival de Bordado y Tejido (Embroidering and Weave Festival)
- Festival de Chiringa (Kite Festival)
- Fiestas de Cruz (Cross Celebration)
- Fiestas de la Candelaria (Candelaria Celebrations)
- Fiestas patronales (Saint Patron Fiestas)
- Festival de la Parcha (Passion Fruit Festival)
- Truya de Reyes (Three Kings Cavalry)
- Cabalgata Moncho Román (Moncho Román Horse Riding)
Puerto Rico is Music!
Most of the Puerto Rican festivals are celebrated with abundant music and the participation of world class music groups. These are described in our Puerto Rico is Music guide where review the following:
- Lists of festivals celebrated across Puerto Rico
- Examples of past programs of activities
- Descriptions of the type of music you will find in the events
- and many more (see the ebook description).
Other Chayanne News
Fotos de Chayanne en Instagram
© 2019 – 2020, prismusic. All rights reserved.